Ups and Downs

No I did not take a picture of the two mail items today.  I certinaly did NOT take a picture of the letter from A Child Waits telling us we did not qualify to even apply with them.  And I really just wanted to come home when I mailed our Show Hope grant application.  We’re praying to take a picture of the approval from Show Hope!! 

We weren’t the only people to be denied A Child Waits.  I googled it right away.  I felt defeated.  We’re waiting in the next month to hear from National Adoption Foundation.  They meet at the end of this Month. 

Our pampered chef fundraiser is going well.  I’m going to post the link here and again on our fundraising page. 

then click on “shop online” and then type my name in (Tammy) for hosts name.  We get credit that way.  It’s going pretty well with less than 24 hours or so into it.  Happily…all money we raise now will go directly to agency/program fees and our trip. 

I sent an email to an experienced adopter who has done simultaneous adoptions.  Asking for advice/guidance on how she and her husband split/prepared for fees for both with fundraisers. 

I will NOT let the devil get his joys with our denial letter this morning.  Philippians 4:19 says, “And my God shall supply all your needs according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus.”  (NKJV)  enough said.

I find great joy in Malachai 3:4 “And I will rebuke the devourer for your sakes, So that he will not destroy the fruit of your ground.”  (NKJV)

In a world that would have told Jesus to give up…I am thankful, oh so thankful He didn’t.  And neither will we.

Also..Carla emailed me to say Tracy received our papers today!!!  God is working!!  They will be en route to sofia on saturday.  Toni emailed me this morning (as I said she would!) and said she will get the docs translated, authenticated and turned into the MOJ.  Once our dossier is in (we are expecting June when fingerprints come in) we are going to DRIVE OUR DOSSIER TO HARRISBURG, get apostilled and then mail them from Hbg.  Once Toni receives them, it will be about 3 months max until we can travel.  In the meantime, we will raise funds, pray, RECEIVE grants and pray 😉

Dan and I have also realized that it’s quite possible, because we are planning to do dual adoptions.  (hopefully we’ll know within a month) that we will not have enough money to have him go on the first (or second, but that one was planned already) trip to Bulgaria.  When we first discussed it, not going was never an option for him.  He is dying to meet our girl.  But he also realizes, if the other adoption starts, we will have to get passports for the boys too because we all will be going to ukraine.  God has really done a neat work on his heart, yesterday when we talked he was very excited about making a video for our girl, and INSISTED I get some of her for Daddy too.  I also found these super cute swimsuits (we are only experienced in swimming trunks in the Dziagwa household!)  that he wants me to buy RIGHT NOW because we can picture our daughters, with their arms around each other, standing in the yard laughing with their 3 little brothers. 

How cute is that? 

Well…I have the house to myself and I need to get my run in for the day and then clean and feed my blog reading addiction.


One response »

  1. A Child Waits put us through the wringer twice and denied us as well, Gift of Adoption was great, and helped us right when we were ready to travel, with the last bit of funding we needed. I will be praying for you, I know how hard this can be.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s